Tuesday 1 July 2014

Original thread back on Nairaland

So I rolled into the month of July with a bang.

My thread on nairaland that was banned in March for reasons unknown to me, seems to be up and running again all of a sudden.

The number of  emails I get normally get when down drastically ever since the ban. I woke up this morning to 4 emails in my inbox. All from nairaland. They all indicated they saw my thread again on nairaland so I quickly rushed to confirm and yes it is true. Below is the link.

http://www.nairaland.com/598911/studing-canada-what-need-know/2#24394850

I already got a prospective student from Germany posts already. The post and my reply can be found below.

dee1J: Hello guys i am new here. I am presently in Germany doing my masters in computer science but am planning to move to Canada immediately after my masters programme. I have started the process with an Agent call Canadian Visa Expert whose office is base in Canada. I paid 184 euro for the first phase and they told me that i qualify to apply for Manitoba Immigrant Visa based on my qualification and for me to move to the second phase i need to pay a fee of 750 euro and before picking my visa in Germany I will pay 1,400 euro. So far I am convince they are genuine people but my friend insist that I come to this forum and find out more because there are some people here that must have used them.

Please i will need your advise on whether they are genuine people or not before i proceed with the other phases.

David I.
Germany.

+++++++++> my reply++++++++
Hello David,

Sorry to tell you that this sounds like a scam to me. All information regarding moving to Canada whether working, studying or just visiting can be found on www.cic.gc.ca.

Not saying they are no legitimate agencies out there or you cannot use a representative but the fact that they break it down into phases each with a higher price tag sounds like something that is designed to keep you hooked depending on how desperate you are.

Its too expensive and does n't sound practical when they say you will pick up your visa in Germany. Do they mean the Canadian Consulate in Germany?

Unless I am not hearing the full story or simply don't understand it otherwise my advice is forget these guys and work with www.cic.gc.ca.

If you feel your reply will include some personal details and you don't feel like sharing it here you can always email me: Emakgaga@gmail.com

*** Manitoba Immigrant Visa sounds new to me. Maybe Manitoba Immigrant Nominee program?


Please be careful with some agencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment